Grace Yoga


Friday, October 5, 2007

I chose the green background on purpose

Many of you know that black is my favorite color. I have consistently worn black since my teen years, and being from NYC, it's just kind of normal to wear a lot of it.

Anyway, I could have chosen a black template for the blog, but green stood out and helps me to make a personal statement.

How green can I become? Not in skin color but through my conscious actions. Our American society is very prosperous, and the more we have, the more we are getting rid of.

We throw a lot away. Where is away?

I have spent some time thinking about how I can be less wasteful. I turn off the water while I brush my teeth. I have been hanging my clothes to dry. I bought an eco friendly yoga mat. I was so happy the other day when I didn't need a plastic bag for a small purchase. It felt great.

Those little actions add up to a lot of good for the world.

And, kudos to BG for inspiring me to blog.

Arlene
Sent via Blackberry by T-Mobile
Arlene Bjork
mygraceyoga.com
abjork@cobbestone.com

No comments: