Grace Yoga


Friday, October 19, 2007

Margaret News and Matthew Sanford

Friends,


I hope this e-mail finds you well. Earlier last week I arrived "home" to San Diego after spending a a few weeks traveling through the U.S. with stops in Estes Park, CO (for the yoga journal conference), New York, and D.C. to co-host the Kicking for Kids Who Can't Kick-a-thon.

What a great time! We raised nearly $30,000 for kids who need new prosthetic limbs. Check out the web @ www.kickingforkidswhocant.org! Donations are still being accepted!

I will be saying hello again to NYC on Nov 8th. The following Friday and Saturday, November 9th and 10th, I will be joining my yoga teacher, Matthew Sanford at Jivamukti Yoga School. For those of you who do not know about him, Matthew is truly beyond inspirational. At the age of 13 he was in a near fatal car crash which killed his father and sister and left Matthew paralyzed from the nipples down. In his early twenties he discovered yoga, and since that time has become one of the foremost teachers in adapting yoga to all bodies.

Like Matt, yoga has become so instrumental in my physical, emotional and mental healing. Through yoga, I have begun to nurture my traumatized body. Through yoga I am beginning to accept this body as it is, no matter the capabilities. I want this for the world, because it so desperatly needs this "idea."


November 9th from 8:30 - 9:30 pm, Matthew will be giving a FREE talk @ Jivamukti (www.jivamuktiyoga.com), and will lead a workshop the following day, November 10th, from 9:30-11:30. He will also be raising money for his non-profit organization, the Mind Body Solution.

Matthew is beyond words, really. As his student I have all the faith in his message and am doing whatever I can to assist him in spreading it. For those of you who have a yoga practice, I suggest you hear Matthew speak and come take his class. Studio owners please spread the word and promote this event! Thanks :) Get your students involved.

To learn more about Matthew, his new memoir, Waking, the non-profit organization he runs in his home state of Minnesota and the work he does throughout the country, please visit his site @ www.matthewsanford.com.

In a time saturated with disconnection, it is so vital for each of us to take a stand for the integration of the mind and body. I truly do believe this is the most authentic way for the spirit to be unleashed. Imagine how the world would EXIST if that were the case!

Please consider attending!

In peace,

Margaret

No comments: